Planning a road trip with the family? Here are some fun ideas for long road trips.
- Take a good supply of snacks
- Buy activity books and sticker books
- Take some talking books along
- Play some movies
- Map spotting: give each child a map and have them mark it with what they see as you pass the milestones
- The quiet game is great for when you need some peace and quiet. The loser is the one who speaks first
- Sticker books are great as they can be reused
- Pack a surprise bag of age appropriate toys and games
- Magnets with a Cookie Sheet. A cookie sheet makes an excellent base for any magnet set or building blocks while riding in the car
- Healthy snacks
- Spy is a popular game that can be played by all ages
Road Trip Activities for Toddler
We all know that toddlers are harder to entertain than older kids. Here are a few ideas to keep the little ones entertained.
- Magnetic play table
- Colouring books and colours
- Jigsaw puzzle
- A picture book
- Your toddlers favourite toy
- Play virtual hide and seek
- Electronic gadgets
- Car counting: pick a colour or type of car, the first to see 10 of the same car wins.
- Hand puppets
- Miniature Dry Erase Board and Dry Erase Markers
- Laptops and ipads
- Toy Catalogues
- Portable felt board
Road Trip Activities for Adults
It’s not just the toddlers that need entertaining on long road trips. We have compiled a list of road trip activities for adults.
- Travel journals – a great way to write down your thoughts and feelings whilst on your journey
- 21 questions – guess what a person is thinking in 21 questions. This is one of the best classic car games. Players simply pick a person and their fellow passengers have to guess who it is using only 20 questions.
- Memory game – One passenger says “I’m going out on a picnic and I’m bringing…” followed by whatever item comes to mind. The next player has to remember that item and add something else to the story. Getting a part of the story wrong results in instant expulsion.
- Listen to podcasts
- Name that tune
- Story – One person says a word that begins a story. Take turns adding one word onto the story and see where it ends up!
- Celebrity – One person plays the character of a famous person and answers questions as if they were that person. Whoever guesses correctly first wins
- Car Bingo – Come up with a list of vehicle types that everyone will be searching for. The first person to cross every car off their list wins
Raf Autos wishes you a safe journey.