After the many car recovery jobs we have done around Reading, Berkshire area – we have come across some cars that frankly were begging to be given a good clean out – Everyone loves a shiny car. It is important to keep your car clean to avoid damage. To Improve safety your windows, mirrors, and even tyres should be clear of debris. You should look after your car and keep it clean to maintain its value. You can prevent rust, scratches and dull looking paint. So follow our top tips: how to clean your car.
Follow our tips on how to clean your car
List of things you’ll need if you want a shiny car that smells good too!
- Plastic bag
- Hosepipe/pressure washer
- Bucket of warm water mixed with car shampoo
- Car vacuum
- Car cleaning cloths/microfibre cloths
- Windscreen cleaner
- A car buffer
- A sponge or wash mitt
- A chamois leather
- A car brush (wheel brush)
- Car polish
- Car Wax
- Wheel cleaner
- Dashboard and trim cleaner
- Upholstery cleaner
How To Clean Your Car Interior
Now that you have all your essentials are you ready to learn how to clean your car interior? Interiors of cars can get quite messy if they are not regularly cleaned. (especially if you have children). We would recommend doing a quick weekly clean of at least picking up any rubbish.
- Pick up any rubbish. Put it in a plastic bag and recycle what you can
- Take our the car mats and give them a good shake
- Hoover the car mats
- Clean them with soapy water
- Clean the inside of your windows with the windscreen cleaner
- Use the car buffer to give them a good buff!
How to clean car upholstery
- Hoover all the seats thoroughly. Getting in between the seats and any gaps
- Clean the seats and surrounding area with upholstery cleaner
- Wipe down the dashboard
- Wipe down the window trims with the trim cleaner and a damp cloth and then dry them
How To Clean Your Car Exterior
Now that your car interior is looking good and smelling nice. It’s time to clean your car exterior.
- Give your car exterior a good rinse to get rid of any dirt
- If you do not have a hosepipe or pressure washer you can use your bucket to wash away any loose dirt
- Use your sponge and some soapy water to wipe down your car from top to bottom
How to clean car headlights and wheel trims
- Use a soft bristle toothbrush to clean around your headlights and wheel trims
- Give the wheels themselves a good wash too
- Use a wheel cleaner to give them a thorough clean
How to clean car windows
- Use a specialist window cleaner
- Get all the lying water off your windows once you’ve cleaned them with a dry cloth. Otherwise, there will be spots on the windows. Which can make it for you to see clearly
- Hose the car down from top to bottom
- Use a chamois leather or drying towel to dry the car off
- Use the polish and buffer pad to shine your car
- Add wax for that extra shine and protection
We hope you find out top tips useful and enjoy your clean car!