Let’s have a look at the top 5 reasons for breakdown causes.
1. Flat or faulty battery
- The most common cause of breakdowns.
- Important to charge your battery every 2 weeks or so if you don’t make long journeys.
- We can supply and fit batteries from our garage.
2. Damaged tyres and wheels
- Regularly check your tires’ tread depth. Your wheels might be misaligned if you have even tyre wear.
- It’s good to carry a spare wheel. Make sure it is in good condition.
- It’s also a good habit to check your tyre pressure regularly.
3. Fuel Issues
- It is common for motorists to put the wrong fuel in their cars. Check out our blog post if you have put petrol in your diesel car.
4. Alternator faults
- If your headlights are dim when the engine is idle then you may have an alternator fault.
- If you have persistent battery problems you could also have a fault with your alternator.
5. Clutch cables
- If you notice any change to the way the clutch feels when you press the pedal. It is best to take your vehicle to the local garage to get it checked.
- If your clutch cable does break pull over and contact us
What should you do if your car breaks down whilst you are driving
If your car breaks down whilst you are driving you should.
- Stay Calm
- Indicate and stop on the side of the road if possible.
- If you have to stop quickly, put your hazard lights on and move over to the side of the road.
- Get everyone out of the car.
- Pets should be left in the car unless they can be kept securely on a lead.
Call Raf Autos on 01184 492443
Vehicle breakdown service
It is important to have your vehicle serviced regularly to reduce the risk of breaking down. If you do need a vehicle breakdown service contact Raf Autos
Our services include roadside assistance
Our roadside technician will reach you within the estimated time of arrival. Our priority is to fix your vehicle. And get you back on the road as soon as possible.